In Holland we love bread. Most people eat bread for both breakfast and lunch. I normally only eat bread for lunch, as I just love my oats or quark in the morning! Some people somehow think (because of the media??) that bread is unhealthy nowadays. I definitely don’t agree with this! Ok, for people who discovered that they have a gluten allergy or intollerence, losing bread and any other product with gluten can be very helpful. Luckily I don’t have a gluten allergy, so bread is not unhealthy for me. I like to eat whole wheat bread, cause it contains many healthy fibres, which is good for my digestive system plus it leaves me satisfied for a while!
I’d like to share this avocado chicken sandwich recipe that I made recently. As I don’t have a good toast maker, I used a pan to heat up and toast my sandwich. Works just as well!
Recipe avocado chicken sandwich:
- 2 slices of whole wheat bread
- 4 slices chicken fillet
- 25 gr avocado
- 50 gr cottage cheese
- a small handful arugula
- 1 tomato
- Heat up a pan (without oil) on medium fire.
- Cut the avocado and tomato into slices.
- Add all ingredients to the sandwich.
- Heat up the sandwich in the pan while turning sides every minute.
- It’s ready when both sides have a nice brown color and the inside is warmed up completely.
- Cut into halvesand enjoy! Serve with some extra tomato, cucumber or another nice salad on the side.
Macros avocado chicken sandwich:
- 310 kCal
- 31 carbs
- 11 fat
- 22 protein